The state of France
Rhymes with "Romance"
And Migrants want
To take a Chance
To Build a Life
Free from All Strife,
if Careers Advance,
in Droll Old France.
Their Modern Stance
On Bigger Barns
And Euro Fun
Begs No Askance,
But the Puzzle Here
Is the Arab Tears
And whether THEY
Feel Aliena---
ted.
They Speak The Lingo,
Play the Same Bingo,
Have Abandoned MAN-DING-O
In Favour Of SACRE BLEU.
Their Minds Are Entrenched
In All Things French,
Music, Culture, Art -- those Things
That Cheer An Ailing Heart To SING!
But in the End
It is all for Nought,
For They Thought
"I am French!"
While the State says,
"You are NOT."
** Inspired by an article at NY Times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Popular Posts
-
Strange, but I thought that hip-hop used to be into jazz. I remember the group Jazzkantine. They're from Germany, and they fused jazz wi...
-
20 Years ago, I was just a teenager. And Oasis, a Brit-rock band, had just released their stellar album: What's the Story Morning Gl...
-
Quick Note: Absalom was a son of King David. This piece was based on his life as portrayed in the Bible. Absalom was David's fa...
-
On this occasion, I wish to say, May you have, a wonderful day! With food and flowers, Friends and lovers, And hor d'oeuvres... Here...
-
A little luxury car. There's a little logo on the boot that says "smart". Is it really smart? It's a failure. It seats two...
-
I stumbled across this article today: Lawyer-Turned-Entrepreneur: How the Collision of Diverse Careers can Blend into Success It was a ...
-
this was from an sms reply i wrote to my friend. gua kat ss2, mau beli dvd satu, jumpa kawan dulu, lalu jemput minum milo. orangnya you kena...
-
This post regards a certain Buddhist temple in Jenjarom, modelled on a famous Buddhist Temple in Taiwan. The one in Jenjarom is called ...
-
I was fresh out of university. Then I got a job at the family firm. I had a million ideas, when I was back in university, about how I wou...
-
In the Feb 20th 2006 edition of the Philippine Daily Enquirer, the case of Araneta Institute of Agriculture (AIA) is highlighted. The Instit...
Blog Archive
Blogs I read (when I have time)
-
How to Quit Your 9-5 (The Smart Way)2 weeks ago
-
Bad Clients5 months ago
-
A Few Words On Healthcare1 year ago
-
The paradox of insular language3 years ago
-
The End of Blogging (for Me)3 years ago
-
The Only Person Fit to Be Mayor of NYC5 years ago
-
-

No comments:
Post a Comment