Monday 28 November 2016

Alternatives to Google Scholar

I'm currently doing some further study. One of the things I notice is, whenever we mention something to a professor, the next thing they do is type it into Google Scholar. If it's an author, they will Google Scholar him. If it's a paper, they will Google Scholar it, too.

Google Scholar is great, because it sometimes gives links to PDF copies of the journal article that are floating around the Internet. Of course, all that's changed now that I have found Sci-Hub... the lady behind it has my undying thanks.

But once in a while, we get tired of Google Scholar, so I had to seek out some other academic journal article search engine.

Here are some that I have tried, and I think are worth using again.

1) ERIC - I like it that you can get links to the DOI, and that you can also specify how recent you want your search results to be.

2) JURN - Presents a Google-like interface, very clean and bare. But the search results can include government websites, university websites, and the like.

3) RefSeek - Good search engine that links to academic websites and open access journals.

4) Academic Index - A meta-search engine for academic papers.


No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day