I was just chatting with a friend in court today. Divorced ladies have it tough, if their ex-husband refuses to pay the maintenance money to their ex-wife. Maintenance, includes maintenance for children, and maintenance for wife. The right thing to do is to enforce the order. But if the amount of maintenance is too small then the ex-wife is not likely to find a lawyer to enforce it for her. The solution is to follow the UK and make the ex-husband pay the maintenance money to the government. The government in turn gives an equal amount to the ex-wife. If the ex-husband does not pay, the government goes after him. But irregardless of whether he does (or does not) pay, the wife can still collect from the government. In turn she signs papers allowing the government to collect the amount due to her under the divorce order.
This would solve so much time and trouble. I also think that ex-husbands would not run away so easily from their obligations.
Here is something related: Maintenance payments -- Special Types of UK Court Orders (Source: HM Revenue & Customs)
Friday, 8 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Popular Posts
-
Strange, but I thought that hip-hop used to be into jazz. I remember the group Jazzkantine. They're from Germany, and they fused jazz wi...
-
20 Years ago, I was just a teenager. And Oasis, a Brit-rock band, had just released their stellar album: What's the Story Morning Gl...
-
Quick Note: Absalom was a son of King David. This piece was based on his life as portrayed in the Bible. Absalom was David's fa...
-
On this occasion, I wish to say, May you have, a wonderful day! With food and flowers, Friends and lovers, And hor d'oeuvres... Here...
-
A little luxury car. There's a little logo on the boot that says "smart". Is it really smart? It's a failure. It seats two...
-
I stumbled across this article today: Lawyer-Turned-Entrepreneur: How the Collision of Diverse Careers can Blend into Success It was a ...
-
this was from an sms reply i wrote to my friend. gua kat ss2, mau beli dvd satu, jumpa kawan dulu, lalu jemput minum milo. orangnya you kena...
-
This post regards a certain Buddhist temple in Jenjarom, modelled on a famous Buddhist Temple in Taiwan. The one in Jenjarom is called ...
-
I was fresh out of university. Then I got a job at the family firm. I had a million ideas, when I was back in university, about how I wou...
-
In the Feb 20th 2006 edition of the Philippine Daily Enquirer, the case of Araneta Institute of Agriculture (AIA) is highlighted. The Instit...
Blog Archive
Blogs I read (when I have time)
-
How to Quit Your 9-5 (The Smart Way)2 weeks ago
-
Bad Clients5 months ago
-
A Few Words On Healthcare1 year ago
-
The paradox of insular language3 years ago
-
The End of Blogging (for Me)3 years ago
-
The Only Person Fit to Be Mayor of NYC5 years ago
-
-

No comments:
Post a Comment