Friday 30 May 2008

All Price Must Rise

What if I told you,
That the furore over rice
And the increase in its price
Could not have been denied--?

What if I told you,
That the rising price of oil
Will similarly recoil
Even on Malaysian soil---?

What if I told you,
That prices will never go down:
Whether in village or town
Because it benefits some--!

Because I have to tell you,
The price of steel and cement
And all your other laments
Are all irrelevant--

And because I have to tell you,
That due to your demand,
The farmers and miners chant,
"We cannot fulfill your wants!"

And so I have to tell you,
That scarcity makes things dear,
And if it is the rise you fear,
Then follow me and change gear--!

Change the pace of life:
To favour simplicity;
And favour the price of paltry
And thou shalt never be sorry--!

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day