Thursday 3 November 2005

What are you doing to get rich?

Reading a magazine from the last page is often refreshing. After all, unlike a novel (where it is sacriligeous to spoil the ending), a magazine’s last pages are often in the nature of an addendum or anecdotes, giving you a bird’s eyeview of what the magazine deals with. I opened up this month’s Personal Money and was promptly struck by Azizi Ali’s arresting opening:

[quote]
A lot of people want to be rich. “So, what are you doing to become rich?” I ask them.

“Er, er…” They then lose their voice.

Their silence reveals that, despite their desire, they are not doing anything to become rich. This being the case, it is any wonder that most people don’t become rich?

[/quote]

More importantly, it is what you do that makes the difference between wheezing in poverty in old age and finishing the race in a comfortable jog. That’s what made me buy this month’s copy of Personal Money: they had a cover feature on starting an Internet Business.

.........................................................

Life is Tough
And I'm Not Doing Enough
To Make Ends Meet:
Will We Live on the Streets?
I've got Family,
And I've got my Dog,
And They Detest
When I am Drenched in Grog;
The Strong Whiff Makes
The Malaria Mosquito Swoon,
But Can Never Make
My Fortune Come Too Soon!
Pray Tell, Sir,
I Very Humbly Query,
What I should Do
To Rake In The MONEY?

..............................................................

In short, the story featured interviews with Malaysian owners of several considerably successful "netrepreneurs", e.g.:

1. Lelong.Com.my
2. FabulousMom.com
3. LiewCF.com
4. eOneNet.com
5. Some Other Websites That I've Forgotten, "dot-com".

Needless to say, the article was also chockful with helpful hints of how to earn money online. I bought the magazine because of that. And I think you should, too. [What? Read my copy? How about some rent, then? *chuckles*]

Lest we forget: Selamat DeepaRaya. Deepavali Valtukhel. And No, I'm not handing out free angpows.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day