Today, the shopkeeper downstairs of my office asked me, "Hey, how are you?"
I looked at her and said, "I'm OK."
She asked again, "Are you well nowadays? Any problems?"
I replied, "It isn't whether I'm well or not well that's most important. It's whether I can do what I have to do, that's more important."
She thought about it. "Yes, you're right."
"In the end," I said, "it's whether we can do our job that really matters to our clients. And in the end, it's whether they want to pay us that really matters to us. If we work, and they pay, then we will all be fine."
She smiled, and nodded her head slightly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Popular Posts
-
Strange, but I thought that hip-hop used to be into jazz. I remember the group Jazzkantine. They're from Germany, and they fused jazz wi...
-
A little luxury car. There's a little logo on the boot that says "smart". Is it really smart? It's a failure. It seats two...
-
Golden Rules of Business Success The Twelve Golden Rules are as follows: Ability to know people's character. You must perceive ...
-
watts and volts like nuts and bolts secure and hold things under control. volts and watts like urban nuts deny the past and seek the chance ...
-
The next time somebody from China comes up to you at a petrol station and asks you if you’d like to buy a Samsung D600 sliding phone for RM5...
-
Suze Orman was a prominent, perky personality that I got to know recently. She made my trip to Kuala Terengganu seem a little more hopeful. ...
-
Quick Note: Absalom was a son of King David. This piece was based on his life as portrayed in the Bible. Absalom was David's fa...
-
20 Years ago, I was just a teenager. And Oasis, a Brit-rock band, had just released their stellar album: What's the Story Morning Gl...
-
as the days go by i see my elders die and the question forms: are they for me to mourn? i think about the truth translated from hebrew that ...
-
like a pupil waiting for the master's cane i stand aghast to wince before i feel the pain. with outstretched open palm and face portrayi...
Blog Archive
Blogs I read (when I have time)
-
Pat Flynn’s rule: count uploads, not likes3 weeks ago
-
Bad Clients5 months ago
-
A Few Words On Healthcare1 year ago
-
The paradox of insular language3 years ago
-
The End of Blogging (for Me)3 years ago
-
The Only Person Fit to Be Mayor of NYC5 years ago
-
-
No comments:
Post a Comment