Miles and miles of granite
Stones, soil and gravel
Cement, tarmac, bitumen
Fly by, under spinning wheels
And we speed upon undulations
That rise to pop our eardrums
All within this glorified tin can
That sports audio, video, and bums (on pillows)
Clouds and clouds of darkening sky
And we pass the trees, houses, and brambles
Stops, shacks and shanty houses
And occasional clusters of a town
It is the same road all the while
Through which shapes and scenes do shift
And we float by further hurtling cans
Into the dimness of the night
In our minds the flash of cameras
And still the humming of reporters
As we trade our happy laughter
As we talk of wives and rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Popular Posts
-
Strange, but I thought that hip-hop used to be into jazz. I remember the group Jazzkantine. They're from Germany, and they fused jazz wi...
-
20 Years ago, I was just a teenager. And Oasis, a Brit-rock band, had just released their stellar album: What's the Story Morning Gl...
-
Quick Note: Absalom was a son of King David. This piece was based on his life as portrayed in the Bible. Absalom was David's fa...
-
On this occasion, I wish to say, May you have, a wonderful day! With food and flowers, Friends and lovers, And hor d'oeuvres... Here...
-
A little luxury car. There's a little logo on the boot that says "smart". Is it really smart? It's a failure. It seats two...
-
this was from an sms reply i wrote to my friend. gua kat ss2, mau beli dvd satu, jumpa kawan dulu, lalu jemput minum milo. orangnya you kena...
-
I was fresh out of university. Then I got a job at the family firm. I had a million ideas, when I was back in university, about how I wou...
-
I stumbled across this article today: Lawyer-Turned-Entrepreneur: How the Collision of Diverse Careers can Blend into Success It was a ...
-
In the Feb 20th 2006 edition of the Philippine Daily Enquirer, the case of Araneta Institute of Agriculture (AIA) is highlighted. The Instit...
-
The next time somebody from China comes up to you at a petrol station and asks you if you’d like to buy a Samsung D600 sliding phone for RM5...
Blog Archive
Blogs I read (when I have time)
-
How to Quit Your 9-5 (The Smart Way)2 weeks ago
-
Bad Clients5 months ago
-
A Few Words On Healthcare1 year ago
-
The paradox of insular language3 years ago
-
The End of Blogging (for Me)3 years ago
-
The Only Person Fit to Be Mayor of NYC5 years ago
-
-
No comments:
Post a Comment