to many the years at school remain etched in loving memory.
we ascribe to our formative years, the traits that are our forte...
and sometimes, those traits that are our shortcomings :-)
this trend has been set, in the 80's, with so many "Back to School" movies.
School reunion movies, where nerds are depicted as businessmen...
... and school jocks are portrayed as good-fer-nothings.
Witness the rise of "Charles Grandy" in "13 Going 30" (Jennifer Garner is hot!)
The hot bloke winds up being a taxi driver.
And the chubby neighbour turns out to be a hottie; a bohemian photographer living it day to day in the hubbub of life, in the crucible of New York.
Enough social commentary already...
I, Mr. Nerd 1995, have not yet graduated to Bill Gates status!
Oh well, to all the bitterness in secondary school, i say: Au Revoir!
For now the alumni will be formed (hopefully!).
And there will be a meteoric rise of heroes.
A new day to add to our calendars (thank god for Mozilla).
And here is the rambunctious link that irked me into this rambling soliloquy (not quite Macbeth, but, still as full of questions!):
http://smksp.sparcus.net
The face off is on Sept 19, 2004.
Recall now that quote, that line, in Hellboy:
"Again, in my life time, they come... Only this time, I am not sure if I can fend them off..."
Well, maybe not exactly those words, but you get the idea.
It's the aged professor, who, bent with time, inspects the corollary damage in the museum...
.. and finds that the deuce of a villain (and his quizzical assistant, the wind-up man) and his germainic lover (temptress, vixen, siren?) are back to rock the world to smithereens.
And hence that cryptic line...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Popular Posts
-
Strange, but I thought that hip-hop used to be into jazz. I remember the group Jazzkantine. They're from Germany, and they fused jazz wi...
-
20 Years ago, I was just a teenager. And Oasis, a Brit-rock band, had just released their stellar album: What's the Story Morning Gl...
-
Quick Note: Absalom was a son of King David. This piece was based on his life as portrayed in the Bible. Absalom was David's fa...
-
On this occasion, I wish to say, May you have, a wonderful day! With food and flowers, Friends and lovers, And hor d'oeuvres... Here...
-
I stumbled across this article today: Lawyer-Turned-Entrepreneur: How the Collision of Diverse Careers can Blend into Success It was a ...
-
I'm currently doing some further study. One of the things I notice is, whenever we mention something to a professor, the next thing they...
-
A little luxury car. There's a little logo on the boot that says "smart". Is it really smart? It's a failure. It seats two...
-
We went to a faraway court today. Today's session was to seek clarification on the consent order. It was in another state down South....
-
I was fresh out of university. Then I got a job at the family firm. I had a million ideas, when I was back in university, about how I wou...
-
In the Feb 20th 2006 edition of the Philippine Daily Enquirer, the case of Araneta Institute of Agriculture (AIA) is highlighted. The Instit...
Blog Archive
Blogs I read (when I have time)
-
How to Quit Your 9-5 (The Smart Way)2 weeks ago
-
Bad Clients5 months ago
-
A Few Words On Healthcare1 year ago
-
The paradox of insular language3 years ago
-
The End of Blogging (for Me)3 years ago
-
The Only Person Fit to Be Mayor of NYC5 years ago
-
-
No comments:
Post a Comment