i frequently get a newsletter from www.indiajuris.com.
recently, they mailed me something quite funny:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY A TRADEMARK NOW
Happy Birthday can no longer be legally used on any other products. A private Chinese company has claimed to have registered the words as its trademark in 25 countries, including the US, Japan and European Union members.
The Fufeng toy plant in Anhui Province said it has more than 70 products with the Happy Birthday brand, including toys, dresses, shoes and hats.
With fierce competition in the world toy market, the company realised the importance of brading. They were inspired to register the "well-known and pleasant phrase", a company official was quoted as saying.
interesting. i guess now we'll have to start trademarking well-known malaysian phrases as well. here are a few:
selamat pagi = good morning
selamat petang = good afternoon/evening
selamat malam = good night
apa khabar? = how are you?
there's an indonesian word that might merit trademarking too:
bringsek! (it's a four-letter word in indonesian ;-)
very powderful. sure to get attention one...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Popular Posts
-
Strange, but I thought that hip-hop used to be into jazz. I remember the group Jazzkantine. They're from Germany, and they fused jazz wi...
-
20 Years ago, I was just a teenager. And Oasis, a Brit-rock band, had just released their stellar album: What's the Story Morning Gl...
-
Quick Note: Absalom was a son of King David. This piece was based on his life as portrayed in the Bible. Absalom was David's fa...
-
On this occasion, I wish to say, May you have, a wonderful day! With food and flowers, Friends and lovers, And hor d'oeuvres... Here...
-
A little luxury car. There's a little logo on the boot that says "smart". Is it really smart? It's a failure. It seats two...
-
I stumbled across this article today: Lawyer-Turned-Entrepreneur: How the Collision of Diverse Careers can Blend into Success It was a ...
-
I'm currently doing some further study. One of the things I notice is, whenever we mention something to a professor, the next thing they...
-
We went to a faraway court today. Today's session was to seek clarification on the consent order. It was in another state down South....
-
I was fresh out of university. Then I got a job at the family firm. I had a million ideas, when I was back in university, about how I wou...
-
In the Feb 20th 2006 edition of the Philippine Daily Enquirer, the case of Araneta Institute of Agriculture (AIA) is highlighted. The Instit...
Blog Archive
Blogs I read (when I have time)
-
How to Quit Your 9-5 (The Smart Way)2 weeks ago
-
Bad Clients5 months ago
-
A Few Words On Healthcare1 year ago
-
The paradox of insular language3 years ago
-
The End of Blogging (for Me)3 years ago
-
The Only Person Fit to Be Mayor of NYC5 years ago
-
-
No comments:
Post a Comment