something tickled my funny bone when i read it today.
in the case of ho kean kong lai soo [1974] 2 mlj 63, the federal court found that a boy who exposed his privates to his landlord's daughter was not guilty of misusing the premises for "immoral purposes".
the relevant quote from raja azlan shah fj's judgment:
Therefore if I rent a room to live in it, I may be said to use the room. But if I exposed my private parts at another person who happened to be in my room, or to put the case nearer home, if I exposed my private parts at another person in an adjoining room, it is a misuse of language to say that I am using, the room for the purpose of exposing my private parts. Similarly if I steal an article belonging to a neighbour, it will the height of absurdity to say that I use my room for the purpose of committing the offence. In other words, there must be some link between the guilty act and the premises which are the subject matter of the proceedings for possession. The phrase “use. . for illegal or immoral purposes” necessarily implies a deliberate use, a designed choice of the thing used for the purpose in hand. The premises must, in my opinion, have been used as a “spring board” or “launching ground” to commit the offence.
LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Popular Posts
-
Strange, but I thought that hip-hop used to be into jazz. I remember the group Jazzkantine. They're from Germany, and they fused jazz wi...
-
20 Years ago, I was just a teenager. And Oasis, a Brit-rock band, had just released their stellar album: What's the Story Morning Gl...
-
Quick Note: Absalom was a son of King David. This piece was based on his life as portrayed in the Bible. Absalom was David's fa...
-
On this occasion, I wish to say, May you have, a wonderful day! With food and flowers, Friends and lovers, And hor d'oeuvres... Here...
-
A little luxury car. There's a little logo on the boot that says "smart". Is it really smart? It's a failure. It seats two...
-
I stumbled across this article today: Lawyer-Turned-Entrepreneur: How the Collision of Diverse Careers can Blend into Success It was a ...
-
this was from an sms reply i wrote to my friend. gua kat ss2, mau beli dvd satu, jumpa kawan dulu, lalu jemput minum milo. orangnya you kena...
-
This post regards a certain Buddhist temple in Jenjarom, modelled on a famous Buddhist Temple in Taiwan. The one in Jenjarom is called ...
-
I was fresh out of university. Then I got a job at the family firm. I had a million ideas, when I was back in university, about how I wou...
-
In the Feb 20th 2006 edition of the Philippine Daily Enquirer, the case of Araneta Institute of Agriculture (AIA) is highlighted. The Instit...
Blog Archive
Blogs I read (when I have time)
-
How to Quit Your 9-5 (The Smart Way)2 weeks ago
-
Bad Clients5 months ago
-
A Few Words On Healthcare1 year ago
-
The paradox of insular language3 years ago
-
The End of Blogging (for Me)3 years ago
-
The Only Person Fit to Be Mayor of NYC5 years ago
-
-

No comments:
Post a Comment