I'm currently doing some further study. One of the things I notice is, whenever we mention something to a professor, the next thing they do is type it into Google Scholar. If it's an author, they will Google Scholar him. If it's a paper, they will Google Scholar it, too.
Google Scholar is great, because it sometimes gives links to PDF copies of the journal article that are floating around the Internet. Of course, all that's changed now that I have found Sci-Hub... the lady behind it has my undying thanks.
But once in a while, we get tired of Google Scholar, so I had to seek out some other academic journal article search engine.
Here are some that I have tried, and I think are worth using again.
1) ERIC - I like it that you can get links to the DOI, and that you can also specify how recent you want your search results to be.
2) JURN - Presents a Google-like interface, very clean and bare. But the search results can include government websites, university websites, and the like.
3) RefSeek - Good search engine that links to academic websites and open access journals.
4) Academic Index - A meta-search engine for academic papers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Popular Posts
-
Strange, but I thought that hip-hop used to be into jazz. I remember the group Jazzkantine. They're from Germany, and they fused jazz wi...
-
20 Years ago, I was just a teenager. And Oasis, a Brit-rock band, had just released their stellar album: What's the Story Morning Gl...
-
Quick Note: Absalom was a son of King David. This piece was based on his life as portrayed in the Bible. Absalom was David's fa...
-
On this occasion, I wish to say, May you have, a wonderful day! With food and flowers, Friends and lovers, And hor d'oeuvres... Here...
-
I stumbled across this article today: Lawyer-Turned-Entrepreneur: How the Collision of Diverse Careers can Blend into Success It was a ...
-
I'm currently doing some further study. One of the things I notice is, whenever we mention something to a professor, the next thing they...
-
A little luxury car. There's a little logo on the boot that says "smart". Is it really smart? It's a failure. It seats two...
-
We went to a faraway court today. Today's session was to seek clarification on the consent order. It was in another state down South....
-
I was fresh out of university. Then I got a job at the family firm. I had a million ideas, when I was back in university, about how I wou...
-
In the Feb 20th 2006 edition of the Philippine Daily Enquirer, the case of Araneta Institute of Agriculture (AIA) is highlighted. The Instit...
Blog Archive
Blogs I read (when I have time)
-
How to Quit Your 9-5 (The Smart Way)2 weeks ago
-
Bad Clients5 months ago
-
A Few Words On Healthcare1 year ago
-
The paradox of insular language3 years ago
-
The End of Blogging (for Me)3 years ago
-
The Only Person Fit to Be Mayor of NYC5 years ago
-
-
No comments:
Post a Comment