... that you may never know
the road not taken.
When you travel on a journey
but never see its destination,
or labour in the dark
without hope of fruition.
And yet in spite of this
I can't help but feel pleased
to see a group so tireless
to cure our nation's disease.
How many years of labour?
To clinch this moment sweet.
One could almost feel their fervour
For this victory.
Behold our fearsome candidates:
Strong and well and good.
Along came the tsunami
And they became old driftwood.
Listen to what the people want!
Or pay the price again.
Sometimes a raving lunatic's rant
may revive the slain.
Shallow is the mind
of the man who thinks he can
do it all alone -- he's blind
to the new realities.
Sadness fills the heart sometimes
until it is flushed away.
Then we start anew again,
step into this glorious day.
Remake the world we see
but not with Shafi'e
nor Ghazali.
Instead the people's voice should be
e n s h r i n e d
for all humanity.
Tuesday, 11 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Popular Posts
-
Strange, but I thought that hip-hop used to be into jazz. I remember the group Jazzkantine. They're from Germany, and they fused jazz wi...
-
20 Years ago, I was just a teenager. And Oasis, a Brit-rock band, had just released their stellar album: What's the Story Morning Gl...
-
Quick Note: Absalom was a son of King David. This piece was based on his life as portrayed in the Bible. Absalom was David's fa...
-
On this occasion, I wish to say, May you have, a wonderful day! With food and flowers, Friends and lovers, And hor d'oeuvres... Here...
-
A little luxury car. There's a little logo on the boot that says "smart". Is it really smart? It's a failure. It seats two...
-
I stumbled across this article today: Lawyer-Turned-Entrepreneur: How the Collision of Diverse Careers can Blend into Success It was a ...
-
I'm currently doing some further study. One of the things I notice is, whenever we mention something to a professor, the next thing they...
-
I was fresh out of university. Then I got a job at the family firm. I had a million ideas, when I was back in university, about how I wou...
-
In the Feb 20th 2006 edition of the Philippine Daily Enquirer, the case of Araneta Institute of Agriculture (AIA) is highlighted. The Instit...
-
We went to a faraway court today. Today's session was to seek clarification on the consent order. It was in another state down South....
Blog Archive
Blogs I read (when I have time)
-
How to Quit Your 9-5 (The Smart Way)2 weeks ago
-
Bad Clients5 months ago
-
A Few Words On Healthcare1 year ago
-
The paradox of insular language3 years ago
-
The End of Blogging (for Me)3 years ago
-
The Only Person Fit to Be Mayor of NYC5 years ago
-
-
No comments:
Post a Comment