Al-Islam editor, Astora Jabat, will quit his job end of this month and concentrate fully on his blog, tematajdid.com. Not bad for somebody aged 53 years of age! But then again, having been an editor for Al-Islam magazine since 2003, he may have quite a bit left unsaid when he left his job.
Most of you would be wondering what the term "tajdid" (تجديد) means. The short explanation is that it means renewal. Some further research might be helpful, of course, so you may like to click here for some related materials.
This could be a sign of the times. The voices of geriatrics online will certainly establish a more rational world wide web. Another plus point is that blogging just might be that elusive elixir of youth that could stave off Alzheimer's disease. But then again, a check with Google shows that various studies have heralded marijuana, chess, cannabinoids, and even skin patch vaccines as the prevention of Alzheimer's disease.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Popular Posts
-
Strange, but I thought that hip-hop used to be into jazz. I remember the group Jazzkantine. They're from Germany, and they fused jazz wi...
-
20 Years ago, I was just a teenager. And Oasis, a Brit-rock band, had just released their stellar album: What's the Story Morning Gl...
-
Quick Note: Absalom was a son of King David. This piece was based on his life as portrayed in the Bible. Absalom was David's fa...
-
On this occasion, I wish to say, May you have, a wonderful day! With food and flowers, Friends and lovers, And hor d'oeuvres... Here...
-
A little luxury car. There's a little logo on the boot that says "smart". Is it really smart? It's a failure. It seats two...
-
I'm currently doing some further study. One of the things I notice is, whenever we mention something to a professor, the next thing they...
-
I was fresh out of university. Then I got a job at the family firm. I had a million ideas, when I was back in university, about how I wou...
-
I stumbled across this article today: Lawyer-Turned-Entrepreneur: How the Collision of Diverse Careers can Blend into Success It was a ...
-
In the Feb 20th 2006 edition of the Philippine Daily Enquirer, the case of Araneta Institute of Agriculture (AIA) is highlighted. The Instit...
-
We went to a faraway court today. Today's session was to seek clarification on the consent order. It was in another state down South....
Blog Archive
Blogs I read (when I have time)
-
How to Quit Your 9-5 (The Smart Way)2 weeks ago
-
Bad Clients5 months ago
-
A Few Words On Healthcare1 year ago
-
The paradox of insular language3 years ago
-
The End of Blogging (for Me)3 years ago
-
The Only Person Fit to Be Mayor of NYC5 years ago
-
-
No comments:
Post a Comment